The beauty of nature is always beautiful and, to me, fruit is no exception.
When I slice open a lemon, a grapefruit or an orange, I enjoy the clean, fruity fragrance, as well as the sight of the vivid colors that citrus fruits possess.
Not only are citrus fruits tasty – whether you’re eating them alone or drinking them as juice – they also make for awesome DIY holiday décor.
As an alternative to the traditional popcorn string decoration, dried citrus fruits can be strung up in the same fashion, or used to make wreaths and ornaments. Another one of my favorite ways to display them is to present the dried fruit as a bowl of homemade potpourri.
Here’s how to get started:
- Decide which citrus fruits you want to use. I like to use tangerines, oranges and lemons.
- Cut citrus fruit into thin slices and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top thinly-sliced fruit with cloves to add an awesome fragrance.
- Place in oven on your lowest setting for two hours. Turn over slices and heat for another two hours.
- Allow slices to cool and then get ready for DIY fun!
Tell Me: Have you ever made a DIY holiday decoration with dried fruit?