- 1 16 oz can sauerkraut drained
- 1 package corned beef or use your leftovers
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese shredded
- 4 Tablespoons thousand island Dressing
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup rye crackers crushed
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Layer the sauerkraut, corned beef and Swiss cheese in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Spread the dressing over the cheese. Layer the tomatoes over the dressing. Combine the crackers, butter and caraway seeds. and sprinkle over the tomatoes. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Whether you are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, or using leftovers from your corned beef, or love this favorite delicious deli sandwich, I think you will enjoy this quick and easy casserole. Thank you, Karen Neely for reminding me! This is from an earlier cookbook and from my recipes provided at Harris Teeter and Winn Dixie stores years ago.