All too often, women are tasked with juggling many things at once. Between working 40 (or more) hours per week and fulfilling the roles of a devoted mother, daughter, spouse and friend, the load can definitely take its toll.
Though we all aspire to be our best in all arenas, sometimes it’s difficult. When we feel overwhelmed by our many responsibilities, it becomes easy to get discouraged and give in to the temptation of self-doubt. Even worse, when we lack confidence in our abilities, and ourselves, it can prevent us from achieving significant goals.
Below I’ve compiled a list of 10 great quotes from women I admire to help empower each of you reading this post. Please feel free to pass these along to friends!
- “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
- “Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
- “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
4. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” – Madonna
5. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
6. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
7. “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.” – Sheila Murray Bethel
8. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
9. “We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
10. “The best protection any woman can have … is courage.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Tell Me: What’s your favorite self-empowerment quote?